Labels

#6: Santogold - Santogold


#6: Santogold - Santogold

Don't you dare call her R&B. Don't call her rap. Don't call her reggae. Don't even call her pop. If I had to pigeonhole Santogold's musical style, I would call it "Interesting," because it incorporates almost all of the aforementioned genres. On her debut album, there are songs like "Creator" that glorifies her comparisons to hip-hopper M.I.A. Then there are songs like "Lights Out" that could be featured on pop radio. Finally, there is "L.E.S. Artistes," which always seems to remind me of Tegan and Sara.

As an ex-A&R rep and pop songwriter, I must thank her for taking the plunge to the forefront and expressing herself through her own musical journey. Santogold has a long-lasting future ahead of her. But that's only if she accepts the offer. I am a little worried that fame will get the best of her and she will not become the superstar and historical figure that she could become.

Posted byLogan Lenz at 18:29  

0 comments:

Post a Comment