Labels

#15: Lil Wayne - Tha Carter III


#15: Lil Wayne - Tha Carter III

I must preface this post with my admittance of a bias that I possess in musical genres. As in any opinion driven countdown, you are bound to see some sort of skewed result. Some people like heavy rock; some people only like hip-hop. As the Music Mastermind, I'd like to say that I try to give everything a chance and listen to as much music as I possibly can. However, I am a human being with specific tastes.

With all that being said, I know how good Lil Wayne's latest record is. Do I listen to it a lot, though? No. His style of hip-hop is not my favorite, but I can understand how it could be others'. The album is very polished and filled with addicting tracks. It's, by far, the best hip-hop record of the year, which is a major achievement in itself.

Need I speak about the ingredients in the album? You have an appealing edgy image, controversy, cleverly written lyrics, and powerful beats in the equation. Not to mention the insane amount of special guests that appear on the record. "Tie My Hands" featuring Robin Thicke was the pleasant surprise of the album to me. But all in all, its an enjoyable all-around listen - especially for any hip-hop fan.

Posted byLogan Lenz at 23:42  

0 comments:

Post a Comment