Labels

#10: Liam Finn - I'll Be Lightning

#10: Liam Finn - I'll Be Lightning

Liam Finn was promoted as an "Upcoming Artist to Watch" this year. Even throughout all of the hype, I didn't expect for I'll Be Lightning to impress me very much. Much to my pleasure, I was incredibly wrong. Not only did I discover that the album was enjoyable, but as you can see, it ended up being one of the ten best of 2008.

Liam Finn's sound encompasses all indie rock sounds. A perfect description of him would probably be a mash-up between Ben Kweller, Sufjan Stevens, and Loney Dear. I don't know about you, but those are three of my favorite artists, and therefore, that is why I enjoy his music so much. Throughout all of the surprise albums of the year, this one was the most rewarding by far.

Posted byLogan Lenz at 01:10  

0 comments:

Post a Comment