Labels

#17: The Tallest Man on Earth - Shallow Grave


#17: The Tallest Man on Earth - Shallow Grave

What if Bob Dylan played the banjo? The result would sound a lot like The Tallest Man on Earth, an acoustic folk sensation out of Sweden. His writing is as advanced and ingenious as Dylan's, and his guitar playing probably exceeds that of his. There is something very special about his music. Its imperfection and care-free feel is a breath of fresh air in today's overproduced music industry.

I must admit - when I heard about TTMOE, I shrugged it off and figured that I wouldn't like it very much. Much to my surprise, his music struck as me as very mature and extremely artistic. Trust me, I know folk music with a country twang is not for everybody - and it's usually not for me. I can only suggest you listen to this Swedish folk with an open mind and a knowledge for what is true artistic expression.

Shallow Grave was by far my unexpected sleeper hit of the year. It's actually pretty hard to find in stores. Apparently, the CD hasn't even officially been released in the U.S. yet. It really is THAT good to still be included on this countdown, though.

Posted byLogan Lenz at 22:41  

0 comments:

Post a Comment