Labels

#5: Loney, Dear - Loney, Noir


#5: Loney, Dear - Loney, Noir

Serving as a pseudonym for Swedish singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Emil Svanangen (Note: There is an accent mark somewhere in his last name), Loney, Dear is a melodic glance into passion, love, and melancholy harmonies. Loney, Noir is the first American release for Loney, Dear, but it has rapidly made a huge impact on indie music reviewers. Needless to say, Emil Svanangen's talent is not being overlooked in the United States.

I don't know what happens when I listen to songs like "Sinister in a State of Hope" or "I Am John." It's almost as if I get swept away to a mysterious land of delicate music, so fragile that it could break at any second. Trust me, this music is incredible. If the #5 ranking isn't proof enough, review the scenario that I colored in the aforementioned sentence. I never talk like that. No joke - that is really the effect that this album has on me.

Everyone is always looking for unknown acts these days. Well, here you go. This one has barely even peeked its head out of a Swedish cave. Grab a hold of this now and cherish it while you can. If you need a quick comparison of how I would relate Loney, Dear's music to someone more familiar, I would have to refer to the illustrious Sufjan Stevens. Yes, Loney, Dear is that good.

Posted byLogan Lenz at 21:33  

0 comments:

Post a Comment